Tuesday, November 13, 2012

And they all come flooding in at once!

Has this ever happened to you?

I requested a lot of books from the library. At least 10, probably more. Not all of them were recent, either. Some of them had very long waiting lists for a small number of books.

The past few days it seems that every single book I have ever requested has come in. This includes both e-books and paper book. The paper books I can at least wait a few days before I pick up, and I can also renew them. But the e-books? Those I have to download within 72 hours of receiving an email notification and I cannot renew them. This isn't the first time this has happened, either. It's as if the library waits to send my books all at once so it is almost impossible to read (and store) all of them. It's a literary conspiracy!

This also means that almost all of the books I plan to read for the book challenge have come in from the library. Now I have an additional challenge: reading them before I have to return them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment