Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Audio Books

I downloaded an audiobook from the library through Overdrive for the first time. It was very easy both to download and transfer to a iPod. All I had to to was follow directions (although I suppose this could be difficult for some people...). After downloading from the library website, the book automatically opened in overdrive. From here I could listen to the book on my computer, or transfer it to an iPod. To transfer it to the iPod (or any other audio device) all you have to do is plug it in and click on "transfer." If I remember correctly, (I did this about a week ago) I had to choose where I wanted the files transferred, and I simply selected the iPod.  The only moment of doubt was when I disconnected the iPod and I didn't see the title under audiobooks. I put the book onto a iPod classic, and it ended up being under albums, and each chapter listed as a song.
The book I took out was The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I listened to it instead of reading it because by boyfriend and I went on vacation, and since there was a lot of driving involved we decided to check out a book to listen to. It was great. We got really into it, and listened to it when we were hanging out in our hotel as well as while we were driving. It was a great way to pass the time when on the road for hours at a time.

The Hunger Games is a young adult book about a dystopian future. In the book, there are 12 districts instead of states. Once a year, each district must send 1 boy and 1 girl to the Hunger Games, where the 24 contestants will fight to the death in a huge arena. The story is told from the point of view of the 16-year-old female contestant of district 12, Katniss. There were some points in the book when I kept thinking how blind Katinss was to the obvious, but then I remembered how I was when I was 16, and Katniss's thoughts seemed more realistic.
I definitely enjoyed The Hunger Games and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment