Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Will the Reading Ever End???

No, the reading will never end. Glad I was able to answer that.

A way long time ago, before going to Russia, I complained that I will never have time to read all of the books I want to read. Well, I will now complain that the books I have to read are getting in the way of the books I want to read.

I am taking a class on young adult literature this summer. I am pretty excited about it. I like young adult books, and I do want to be a YA librarian, after all (someone, please hire me!). However, I was just sent the reading list for the class, and I am slightly disappointed that I have not already read more of the books on the list. Some of the books that I have not read I do want to read, and others not so much. So basically, this reading list is getting in the way of me plowing through my ever growing to-read list.
Here is the list of books I will need to read for this class. I have crossed out the ones I already read.


1 Anderson, L. (1999). Speak. New York: Farrar.
2 Cormier, R. (1974).  The chocolate war. New York: Pantheon.

3 Johnson,, A. (2003). The first part last. New York: Simon & Schuster Books/Knopf Books for

  Younger Readers.
5 Kinney, Jeff. (2007). Diary of a wimpy kid.  New York: Amulet Books.
6 Levithan, D. (2003). Boy meets boy. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
7 McCormick, P. (2000). Cut. New York: Scholastic.
8 Meyer, Stephanie.  (2005). Twilight. New York: Little, Brown and Co.

9 Morgenstern, E.  (2010). The night circus. New York: Doubleday.
10 Myers, W.D. (1999). Monster. New York: HarperCollins Publishers.
11 Rowling, J.K. (2000). Harry Potter and the goblet of fire. New York: Scholastic.

12 Sheinkin, S. (2011). The notorious Benedict Arnold: A true story of adventure, heroism & 

     treachery. New York: Flash  Point/Roaring Brook Press.
13 Shepard, S. (2000). Pretty little liars.  Book #1. New York: HarperTempest.
14 Silvey, C. (2011). Jasper Jones. New York: Alfred A. Knopf.
15 Rylant, C. (2003). God went to beauty school. New York: HarperCollins.
16 Whaley, J.C. (2011). When things come back. New York: Atheneum Books for Young Readers



Out of 16 I have read 6. 10 more to go.


Sorry rest of Song of Ice and Fire series. You will have to wait until I read Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Discovery of Witches, yeah I know you have been on my library hold list for months, but I can't read you until I read Pretty Little Liars


Well, I guess I should stop complaining and start reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment