Sunday, January 6, 2013

Reading ChallengeS update



I have written and updated on the Semi-Charmed Winter Book Challenge that I am doing. It's fun and I am reading a lot of books that I have been meaning to scratch off my 'to-read' list. But I signed up for another reading challenge, too. The Good Reads book challenge. I did it last year, as well. All I did was set a goal of how many books I want to read this year, and try to finish. Last year my goal was 50, and I went past that by reading 62. This year, I am making my goal 70. It will be a lot of reading, but I have faith that I am a big enough book worm/nerd to get it all done. I have already read two books, after all. Only 68 to go! I added a widget so everyone can see my progress and check out which books I am reading. Below, I updated my stats on the Winter Book Challenge. 


Happy New Year!





5 points: Read a book written by an author you have never read before. Divergent by Veronica Roth
5: Read a book you already have at home but haven’t gotten around to yet All Clear by Connie Willis10: Read a book written in the decade that you were born. 
10: Read a book that takes place in the state/province where you were born. If you were born outside the U.S. and Canada, read a book that takes place in the country you were born. Eat The City by Robin Shulman15: Read a book titled The _______'s Daughter or The _______'s WifeThe Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards15:  Read a book that was originally written in a language other than English. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier20: Read a book with a number in the title. Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan20:  Read a book set during Christmas or another winter holiday. The Stupidest Angel by Christopher Moore20: Read a book written by an author who shares your initials. 
25: Read a Pulitzer Prize winner or finalist for fictionCurrently reading: The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz25:  Re-read a book. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien30: Read three books from three different genres (e.g. romance, historical fiction, horror, biography, etc.). Remember, the books used for this category cannot count for any other category. 
1. A Storm of Swords by Georoge R.R. Martin (Fantasy)
2. The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (Distopia)
3. Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier (Science Fiction: Time Travel)
Total Points: 145

No comments:

Post a Comment